Tuesday, May 12, 2015

I strongly agree with my colleague and his critique to legislator David Simpson in his argument for the legalization of marijuana. I don’t think a legislator should use his religious affair to defend a law or his argument for the prohibition of marijuana. His argument makes him seem bad because does he really think this could make people change their mind and legalizing marijuana. It concerns me that a legislator is thinking that way, and it scares me that a bill was passed using that kind of arguments. It’s like saying since abortion is prohibited by my religion then they should prohibit it as well, that’s not how it works.  I believe there are better arguments like Adrian said, for example seeking studies that demonstrate the positive outcomes or benefits that legalizing marijuana can do to our state, not just mentioning that marijuana comes from God and should not be prohibited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment