Monday, April 20, 2015


I don’t really agree with Drink and Ride or Drink and Drive?  argument, I believe there are other alternatives you can take other than choosing between the option of a cab ride, hire a driver, or driving yourself back home. If you’re going out to drink and know that you won’t be able to drive, you can make sure that you go with someone that will not be drinking that night and can drive you back home, or that you save money for a cab ride. I wouldn’t like someone to be putting myself or anyone else in danger only because they didn’t have enough money to hire a driver or a cab ride.

  I don’t think we can make Capitol Metro responsible or demand that they shouldn’t be available more hours. Not only will it be dangerous, but like you said it will cost us too. I don’t think no metro driver would like to be in a bus with people who are drunk; I don’t think I would ever like to be in that position, especially when you know that drunk people don’t act right or aren’t conscious of what they are doing. How would you know where to take them? If you’re dropping them off how would you ensure that they live there, of if they will be safe? Furthermore if you’re talking about costing the city, I don’t think the argument of giving the drunken people an option for transportation is a strong argument to make them change their mind, and extending hours for Capitol Metro.  

If you’re responsible enough to go out and drink you should definitely be responsible to have some sort of transportation available that can take you back home. It’s will not only be for the safety of you, but for the safety of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment